[VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Contest - VE3SMA in FN05

Steve Kavanagh sjkavanagh1 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 16 06:58:37 EDT 2019

I plan to go to FN05 (quite a rare grid) for this weekend's contest, along with Steve, VE3RX, and possibly one or two others.  We hope to have about 400 W on 6m and 100 W on 2m this time around, with modest Yagis.  We should be active on CW, SSB, FT8, MSK144 (at least on 6m) and perhaps FT4.  EME conditions and the lack of a bigger amp on 2m means it's likely we won't spend any significant time doing EME this time.

Skeds are welcome.  We'll probably monitor ON4KST, but due to the rules for this contest we are unlikely to say much there, except to set up meteor scatter skeds (for which we should also use Ping Jockey).  6m CW/SSB CQ frequencies, when the band is not open, will probably be 50.099 and 50.137.  Somewhere very close to 144.200 and 144.237 for 2m.

73,
Steve VE3SMA