[VHFcontesting] Mix 31 or 43 ferrite material for use at 50 MHz ?

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Sun Jul 21 12:23:46 EDT 2019

Thanks that is helpful.

 My use case is more along the lines of pro actively putting ferrite cores on USB, audio and other similar cables that are used in a typical portable 50 MHz station but I suspect the underlying physics don't change much.

Mix 43 is available over the counter at the local electronics store whereas I need to order Mix 31 so the performance of Mix 43 is still of interest to me in case I need another snap on choke the day before an outing and I discover I have used up my stock pile of Mix 31 (:

One day I should embark on a measurement campaign and actually measure the impedance of various chokes on cables similar to the ones I am using.  These days I tend to put more emphasis on actually trying stuff out in the field rather than making measurements in the lab.  It is nice to hear that others are doing lab work along these lines.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark at alignedsolutions.com