[VHFcontesting] K7XC SO AB LP 2019 CQ VHF Contest

K7XC Tim Marek k7xcnv1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 02:42:01 EDT 2019

 CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: DM09jh - N NV
Operating Time (hrs): 10

    6:  38     19
    2:   6      3
-------------------
Total:  44     22  Total Score = 924

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

There Actually Was Es for the July 2019 CQ VHF Contest, Go Figure! Nothing
earth shattering but OK single hope stuff. Worked DL99 for an ATNO FFMA
Grid which is very cool! Too many out of sequence locals made for tough
sledding at times. A few stations active on 6M FT8 had "dramatically
over-driven audio", wiping out the entire audio spectrum! This kind of
stupidity make me really hate FT8 at times!!! Thank God some folks were
still on good old fashioned Analog SSB which I truly enjoyed. 144 MHz
was a complete and total BUST! NOT ONE STATION OUTSIDE OF DM09
WAS ON 144.200 SSB/CW!!! Using FT8 on 144.174 to contact people
whom we normally work on SSB/CW IS STUPID! The power of FT8 is
simply squandered on short paths, while getting in the way of anyone
else working trying legitimate long haul tropo as their receivers are
desensed by the extremely loud locals! What a hugely disappointing
display of pointless activity!