[VHFcontesting] K8MR/R Mini-Rove

jimk8mr at aol.com jimk8mr at aol.com
Thu Jun 6 09:45:25 EDT 2019

AF8A and I are planning a "mini-rove" in the VHF contest. The plan is to combine a Saturday bike ride on the Allegheny River Trail between Emlenton and Franklin, PA, with a stop afterwards on the way home to activate somewhat rare FN01. If all goes well, and we survive 60 miles of so on the bikes, we'll be on, likely each of us using our own calls, late afternoon, from the rest area at MM30 on I-80, FN01ae. Not an especially good VHF location, but convenient.
We should have 6-432, plus perhaps a couple of watts on 1296. AF8A may have some digital modes on six meters, but otherwise it will be just SSB and CW.

Sunday I should be on part time from back home in EN91.

73  -   Jim  K8MR