[VHFcontesting] W1AW Bulletins on 50.350 MHz

Bart Jahnke bjahnke at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 18:14:20 EDT 2019

All,

For those who have 6-meter receivers on during weekdays, this is just a
quick reminder that ARRL is running morning and afternoon bulletins
business days on 50.350 MHz.

What's different in the past several weeks is that we've raise the RF level
about 10 dB, so we'd be curious for those who have monitored W1AW in the
past if they've noticed a signal increase.

The bulletin transmitter uses and Icom 756 pro 3 and a stacked pair of M2
Loops at about 40 and 60 feet.

Until about a month ago power output was the Icom barefoot - about 75 Watts
plus or minus.  The station now has a donated Harris Channel 2 TV drawer
amplifier running at about 750 watts output.  And yes, substantial
filtering was necessary after the amplifier to allow it to coexist with
other bands at W1AW, as well as meet FCC spectral requirements.

Listener/signal reports (with date, time and signal strength) are
appreciated.

Email signal reports to:   w1aw at arrl.org

Good luck to everyone in the contest this weekend.

73 Bart W9JJ