[VHFcontesting] 2019 January VHF Contest Results on Line

JamesDuffey jamesduffey at comcast.net
Tue Jun 18 21:43:36 EDT 2019

The results writeup for the January 2019 VHF Contest are now on line:

< https://contests.arrl.org/ContestResults/2019/Jan-VHF-2019-FinalFullResults.pdf >

The digital modes, in particular FT8,  played a major role in the January contest, increasing the logs submitted significantly. But the overall QSOs made in the contest remained the same. So, those additional digital QSOs came from the higher bands. I think this is not good. Please read my comments on this in the writeup and think about what it means for the future of VHF contesting, if you like that future, and what can be done to address the continued erosion of the bands above 144MHz in contesting.

Thanks for all who participated in the January contest. - Duffey KK6MC

James Duffey KK6MC
Cedar Crest NM