[VHFcontesting] Digital Modes (FT8) in January 2019 Contest

JamesDuffey jamesduffey at comcast.net
Wed Jun 19 11:14:52 EDT 2019

Thanks for the comments Chris.

I don’t think it is possible to have a January contest where there isn’t some major perturbation, usually caused by weather, but we shall see. I am willing to buy you a beer if the present trend doesn’t continue through the future though.

I am less concerned about the reduction in SSB and CW activity, but that is troubling, than I am with the reduction in the higher band activity. I think that was the case in much, if not all, of the country though, even those areas which had good weather. - Duffey  KK6MC

James Duffey KK6MC
Cedar Crest NM