[VHFcontesting] Digital Modes (FT8) in January 2019 Contest

K7XC Tim Marek k7xcnv1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 19:20:02 EDT 2019

When it comes to the January VHF contest... ANYTHING that brings in
additional activity, ANY ADDITIONAL ACTIVITY, Is A Good Thing.
This contest is as much fun as watching paint dry! Add to that they always
hold it on Playoffs weekend... and NOT the empty week BEFORE the Super
Bowl... How Dumb Is That! Repeated efforts to get ARRL to move are met with
extreme Resistance rather than admit it and move to a weekend where people
would be much more open to being portable or ROVER in a big way, instead of
always Saturday only affairs.

FT8 has brought many more people to the sport so you do what you can to
entice them to operate FT8 properly and Move On!.

The energy already invested in this chat about it is much More effort spent
than the return on all this hand wringing come contest time. Moving ON...

73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk

Adapt, Overcome, Succeed!