[VHFcontesting] Kenwood TS-940 hookup

Jeff Berman k9yr at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 22 15:47:06 EDT 2019

Mike, I’m going to take a shot at your questions, I think the TX output of the transverter Jack is 100mW, so to use this you need separate TX RX on your transverter.  I don’t know what the minimum power output of the TS-940 is with the output power reduced is, but I use a Downeast Microwave AOS-28 on my FT-897 for 222 Mhz.   You can run 25 watts into the AOS-28 off the main coax connector on 10 meters and it attenuates to 100 mW output, 5 watts gives you 20mW.  The transverter jack on the 940 has a +12 at 50ma on it you can drive a small relay to ground on xmit to key your transverter.
73 Jeff K9YR

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad