[VHFcontesting] 1296 question

towers at mhtc.net towers at mhtc.net
Sat Jun 29 14:40:14 EDT 2019

You make a LOT more contacts with something on the air, rather than nothing!  My best 1296 DX with abt 3.5 watts at the antenna, and a small end-mounted looper is 582 miles to Sam, K5SW in EM25.

And some days I can't work Ron, W9ZIH at 90 miles on 1296!

Losses are of course much lower on 432.

73,
Karl
WD9BGA