[VHFcontesting] 50 MHz Sprint results

Stephen Hewlett stevehewlett at verizon.net
Mon May 13 22:18:22 EDT 2019

Alan, I'm sure they didn't care about increasing my score, nor I theirs. It seems to me to be a waste to use FT8 to contact hams who are local to  you (within 30 miles) when either SSB or CW will do it much more efficiently and allow, if one desires, some conversation/communication.
"  The next step may be for a SDR to listen to an entire band segment, acomputer to find and work every digital signal on the band, and emailthe logs at the end of the contest.  No human interaction needed."
No doubt you are right. However, I enjoy using ham radio to communicate with other people so I won't be one of the "no human interaction needed" group.
Steve N4NIV