[VHFcontesting] K1DY 432 Sprint

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 10:01:11 EDT 2019

Hi all, Well conditions sucked, that is for sure. I operated the first 2 hours and then for a few minutes at 10 trying to snag W1GHz to no avail..

score: 9 Q's, 6 grids, total score 54 yahoo.. Best DX was Al W9KXI in FN12 at 421 miles, second best DX was Ken, KA2LIM, also FN12 at 420 miles! Both contacts were on cw with very weak signals and QSB. Signals were WAAAY down. I ran with Paul, W1GHz, at the end which would have been a new grid. I heard him s-0 but he did not hear me. That E-W path is tough with mountains in the way under normal conditions. It was really bad last night.

Thanks to all who got on. - bill, K1DY in Maine