[VHFcontesting] Changing from WSJT to SSB

jon jones n0jk at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 20 09:06:26 EDT 2019

My setup for WSJT-X is pretty basic. FT-991a (built in USB port) and lap top PC for portable. To switch from WSJT-X (FT8 or MSK144) to SSB I use the A/B dual VFOs. VFO B is on 50.125 MHz. Hit VFO A and back to the 6 Meter WSJT-X frequencies. Use CAT control for WSJT-X. Easy to go back and forth.  Noted very little SSB activity in the recent VHF Contest on 6 Meters. No local SSB or CW ops, and even during the Es opening;  only a couple of weak ops on SSB. FT8 was hopping.

 -- Jon N0JK  EM28