[VHFcontesting] VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 201, Issue 23

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Tue Sep 24 14:52:50 EDT 2019

My motivation is similar to Paul's.   Over the last few decades I have amassed a reasonable amount of gear that gets little use outside of VHF and up contests and the occasional "grid activation."

I like the logistical and technical challenges of traveling to out of the way locations and making over the horizon VHF and up Qso's from those locations.  I also find most of my QSO's take place along a narrow corridor into western Washington / Oregon.)  Local activity seems to ebb and flow (and seems to be on an up swing at the moment) but there are enough active operators in Washington and Oregon to keep my interest level up even if there are no "locals" for me to work.   I suspect my signal is often quite weak at the other end of the path.

It is nice to hear and see the weak signal portion of the bands being used.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark at alignedsolutions.com