[VHFcontesting] Digital ... contesting

John Kludt johnnykludt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 17:18:01 EDT 2019

Mark,

Why are you assuming this only happens with digital modes?  For those of us
not fortunate enough to live in the NE VHF contesting without regard to
mode involves lots of BSing with the guys in the shack, Internet browsing
and maybe even a football game on TV or two.  For many of us VHF contesting
is lots of watching the panadapter, hoping that someone is out there, and
maybe working a little FT8 while waiting for something, anything, to happen
on SSB or even more rare CW.  After moonrise things turn to JT65 EME and/or
meteor scatter.

Please keep regional differences in mind.  VHF contesting is intended to be
a country wide event.  Let's make sure as we talk about rules changes we
keep the entire country in mind and not optimize things for for the NE at
every one else's expense.

John