[VHFcontesting] [nmvhf] Pondering

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Thu Sep 26 05:38:06 EDT 2019

On 9/25/19 9:38 PM, Bill Schwantes wrote:

> As long as the "submitted logs" metric is thought to be the accepted
> goodness factor, we'll have a difficult time convincing anyone that
> anything needs fixing. Average VHF QSOs per log is decreasing. So is
> activity on the higher UHF bands; and those are the metrics we should use
> in discussions about changes.

Well said! That is exactly what I have been thinking. People are
suggesting too simple of a metric be used. I have no doubt the
number of participants overall is on the rise, but if average QSOs
per log and activity on higher bands is decreasing, to me that is a
serious problem which should be discussed. Can we find solutions
that work? I honesty don't know, but I think the issue deserves
attention. We'll have a tough time of it though, due to the fact
that so many only do 6 and/or 2 meters and many of those only
digital. They, naturally, have no interest in fixing this problem.

73,
Paul N1BUG