[VHFcontesting] FT8 on 222 & 432 during SPRINT

Buddy Morgan beamar at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 12:34:02 EDT 2020

The Florida Weak Signal Society recommended FT8 frequencies are .174, on all bands, 2M and higher in frequency. Now my (personal) comments:

144.174 was probably a poor choice. But, it has been in the software, for quite a while. It is well established. Nothing can be done, at this late date.
222.174 seems to be a repeater frequency, in California. Other than that, it is an excellent choice. It is out of everybody's way.
432.174 is in a little used part of the band - just perfect. Same goes for 1296.174.
To the best of my knowledge, there has never been an 902 MHz FT8 QSO, in the state of Florida. I am shooting for one, in the microwave Sprint. Let's go with 902.174.
2304.174 was recently used for a FT8 contact. I have plans to make a 5760 contact, in the near future.

Buddy WB4OMG  EL 98