[VHFcontesting] Icom 9700 vs Icom X75 series

Crownhaven crownhaven at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 18 14:00:01 EST 2020

I'm curious to hear from anyone who has transitioned from the Icom
275/475 to the Icom 9700.  I've been using the 275/375/475 with great
success but they are old radios.  No idea if an upgrade would be worth
it.  I do find it strange that Icom continues to provide only one ACC
port which makes keying, etc., amplifiers on all three bands
problematic.  I might also ask if anyone makes a break-out box that
solves THAT problem.

Regarding 1296, I'm using an DEMI 50 watt transverter for that band and
would hate to have to buy a 1296 amp to compliment the 9700's 10 watts.

Any experiences, thoughts, hello's from old friends appreciated.

Steve, N4JQQ, EM55BD, six - 2.3