[VHFcontesting] W4NH Plans

Ron Rogers ww8rr at charter.net
Fri Jan 17 12:37:03 EST 2020

The W4NH  VHF-UHF-SHF-Micro contest group will again be on the air for the
ARRL Jan VHF contest.

For this contest the W4NH contesters will be operating north of Dahlonega,
GA in Grid EM84ao

The usual large stacked antenna arrays are in the air again and equipment
ready to operate SSB, CW, FT8, MSK144, JT65, etc. on the 50-144-222-432-1296
MHz bands .
Kilowatt amplifiers on the 4 lower bands provide QRO power.

And..we want to harvest FT8 QSO's on something other than just 50.313 MHz
this contest !!   As we did during the Sept contest we will be looking for
FT8 contacts on the higher bands using 144.174,  222.174,  432.174, and even
1296.174 for FT8 operations.  These frequencies worked well for us in the
last  Sept and June contests.

Also.W4NH now has EME capability on FOUR bands.144-222-432-1296..and plan to
"be on the moon" during our only moon window, which begins about 1:30 AM
local time  (06:30 UTC) on Sun morning.

We will be watching the  Region 2 ON4KST 144, 222, 432 chat rooms for
terrestrial mode skeds (SSB-CW-FT8) and the N0UK (Ping Jockey) and HB9Q
reflectors for EME JT-65 schedules during entire contest. So if you want to
schedule something (terrestrial SSB-CW-FT8, or JT65 EME) on these higher
bands, look for us on these loggers.

With the ON4KST chat rooms you will be able to tell if our different band
captains are logged in and watching the chat pages by looking for W4NH-144,
W4NH-222, and W4NH-432 in the list of logged in stations.

So..get on the air and make some VHF and UHF noise this weekend. We look
forward to having you in our logs.

Ron
WW8RR

W4NH 432 MHz Band Captain