[VHFcontesting] Roving eastern MA, southern NH

Leandra MacLennan leandra at leandramac.com
Sat Jan 18 00:56:51 EST 2020

I'll be roving in the eastern MA, southern NH area during this weekend, on the lower four bands, 50, 144, 222, and 432. I'll have SSB on these four bands and FM on 146.52 and 446.00

It's too cold to set up antennas at my stops (which is my usual operation), so I'm going to try 3 whips on my car. I don't have any horizontal antennas to mount on the car, so this contest will be an experiment to see how I do with just vertical whips.

I just got back from a business trip and did a lot of driving this week so I'm going for five grids with minimal driving.

Saturday

I'm going to try to be at FN41lv (Raynham, MA) at 2:00 P.M. local time and stay for 30-45 minutes, depending on activity.

I'll be back on Route 128 by 4:00 P.M. and at the high spot in Burlington, MA, FN42jl, around 4:30 P.M. local time

The snow is supposed to arrive by 6:00 P.M., so I'll just do these two grids on Saturday.

Sunday

After I snowblow my driveway, I should be able to head out by 9:30 A.M.

(roughly 11:00 A.M.) I'm going to check out the airport in Gardner, MA (FN32) to see if it is in a high spot

(roughly 1:00 P.M.) Then I'll head up to the grid corner near Keene, NH to get FN31 and FN41

I can modify these plans if you would like to work me
781-799-5456 (call or text)

-Leandra, AF1R/R