[VHFcontesting] Did anyone else have fun in the January VHF/UHF contest?

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 23 19:29:20 EST 2020

Hi Dave: Glad you had fun at N3NGE.
Couldn't help but notice how much weaker than
usual you guys were even on 2M. Usually 59 plus.
Kudos on sticking to SSB and CW. Correct me if I'm
wrong but can't help but notice that Digi modes
are not allowed in most HF contests. So those
lucky bums have no idea what we're dealing with.
Good luck on getting back at it on VHF, 6M is
pretty much lost to FT8 now, even K1TOL never
gets on SSB anymore. To be really successful
these days it's getting to the point where you need
more computers and monitors than antennas or
amplifiers. That's progress for you !
Glad to hear the Packrats still fear Genghis Ron,
Destroyer of Multi-ops. I guess you and Pete
failed to tell them it was all part of your plan
to send me there to eliminate the competition !
If word gets out, they'll be no more pie for you !
73, Genghis Ron, WZ1V