[VHFcontesting] States needed on 222 for WAS....

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Mon Jun 29 19:47:54 EDT 2020

Hello to all 222 ops....Wyatt-AC0RA, John-K1OR, and Paul-N2EME are
wanting to find out which states are still needed for 222 WAS by which
operators.  They really want to make a "Still Needed" board for those of
us that are working to earn the 222 WAS award.  Please forward your
information to one or all of them.

It has been a VERY long time since a 222 WAS has been awarded. There are
several of us that are trying to get going on that award.  The above ops
have been working on a 222 portable station, a loaner if you will, that
can be sent around to various states to try to get those states on the
air.  The question is, which states do we need??

I still need MT, NV, OR, WY in the west.  I need KY in the central
US(should be easy via meteors or FT8).  I need CT, DE, ME, RI, VT, and
MD in the east.

Dave-K1WHS reports that he is working on repairing his 222 antenna and
trying to get everything working.  That may be our chance for ME.

A few rovers had promised to go to some of the states that I need, but
were cut off by the stupid virus thing.  If you are a 222 op, let
everyone know.  Get on the air.  Work somebody.  The more activity on
222, the better.

Thanks es 73 Marshall K5QE