[VHFcontesting] Your rover at Dayton Hamvention

Tom k8tb at bosscher.org
Sun Mar 8 19:18:31 EDT 2020

Rovers at Dayton.

Starting a few years ago, the Dayton ARA, hosts for the Hamvention,
starting putting vhf/uhf/microwave rovers into the "EmCOM" parking area.
They have asked me to arrange for the rovers this years.

Andrea Slack, K2EZ, is confirmed, along with the K8JH "Ham Van". I would
like a total of five vehicles. I would like one to be a "Simple" rover,
using a car or truck with the 50/144/430 omni's. The other two could be
the 6-10 band microwave units like Andrea's, and KF8QL's last year. (He
is not showing this year).

I have to point out the sad note that Mark Kerhlikar, WD9HDF, who did an
outstanding job with his red pickup truck last year, will of course not
be with us.

You would have to show up by Thursday around 4 pm at the latest so we
can stage you. On Friday and Saturday, you will be able to leave the
grounds, but it will have to be after 5 pm, and you will have to be back
by 8:30 am at the latest the next day. It does require you and/or your
friends to staff the vehicle during the Hamvention for at least Friday
and Saturday. But that is the fun part.

It works out well if you can ride to and from in a friends car, but you
are able to pull your rover in and out and Friday and Saturday, if you
do not have other transportation.

If you are interested, please contact me direct. Email is in QRZ.

This is a great time for us to educate the Hamvention population on
roving and VHF/UHF/Microwave.

Tom Bosscher K8TB