[VHFcontesting] Fwd: VHF Contests Rules Discussion and Proposal

Stephen Hewlett stevehewlett at verizon.net
Tue Mar 17 08:14:15 EDT 2020

N1BUG pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject. Digital is not for me ... I'd rather make the contacts myself using what skills I have rather than watch my computer do it and contributing a mouse click here and there. Most of all, VHF for me is about having fun, especially during contests, and the personal interaction with other ops is how I have fun. Also, the unpredictable nature of VHF propagation adds to the excitement for me.
I missed the January contest due to a death in the family. A couple of weeks later some tree removal guys managed to knock down my aluminum flagpole which I mount VHF antennas on top of ... so for the moment I'm QRT.
73, Steve N4NIV