[VHFcontesting] Fwd: VHF Contests Rules Discussion and Proposal

Ed Kucharski k3dne at comcast.net
Tue Mar 17 15:57:25 EDT 2020

I agree Zack. Like you, I have operated in the QRP Portable category several times and still hold some section records (WB2DNE/3, Sept 91,June 96 and WB2DNE/1 Sept 91,92). The only way I found success is to get the attention of many single and multi-ops was by calling them on CW when my SSB signal could not get through. Even when operating from home using high power I'd often call a distant station on CW when they couldn't hear me on SSB and almost exclusively it is CW on 1.2 GHz and higher. Having the ability to work cross mode contacts (on the same frequency) is something I'd desire to retain going forward.
73,
Ed K3DNE