[VHFcontesting] Fwd: VHF Contests Rules Discussion and Proposal

John Kludt johnnykludt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 17:46:00 EDT 2020

Jay,

How about we really bite the bullet and have a contest for 6m only much
like the 10m contest?  The other thing I keep hearing is 6m regardless of
mode, especially in June, is killing 2m and above. If there are E's no one
wants to work any other bands. The CQ 6&2 contest may already be filling
that niche but, hey, VHF contesiting has bigger problems than just FT8.
Several other writers have done a pretty good job in this thread of
pointing those out.

On SSB/CW - in most case most of the time in 2020 at least below the
microwaves, don't we really mean SSB?   CW has not been required for a
license for 30 years now.  A bunch of us ole guys (I was licensed in 1962)
know it and use it   The newer hams some learn it, many don't.  That's just
another horse that has left the barn a ham generation ago.

I liked your post - there is some serious thinking going on in this thread.

My first phone rig in 1962 was a Heathkit Twoer and I still remember r
the night I worked Portland from Seattle on that little radio.  I have
liked VHF every since.

Johnny