[VHFcontesting] FT impacting ability to run bands?

Steve Kavanagh sjkavanagh1 at yahoo.ca
Sat Mar 21 13:32:25 EDT 2020

QSY messages as Marshall has outlined are certainly feasible, and I have used them successfully occasionally.  But the character limit, combined with the time constraints (especially on FT4) make it hard to indicate who the message is directed to.  If the band is busy, it can easily get missed if it isn't red.

I've wondered if it might be possible to fit a hashed callsign pair (similar to what is done for portable callsigns, etc.) that the program would recognize and display in red, and a frequency, into a more formal QSY message.  Not sure if the software team would want to spend time on it....but K1JT is a VHF contester.....

73,
Steve VE3SMA