[VHFcontesting] The Microwave Sprint Will Be Held On Saturday, 02 May 2020, AND N6ZE Plans To Operate!
n6ze at aol.com
Fri May 1 13:28:29 EDT 2020
The Spring 2020 Microwave SPRINT for all amateur frequencies on 902 MHz & Up will be held on Saturday, 02 May 2020, from 0800 - 1400 PDT (8AM - 2PM); This is a great time to practice communication without using a repeater!
A. If you have a radio which can operate on the 902 MHz (33cm) band and/or 1294.5 MHz (23cm) band, or higher bands, you can participate.
1. Contest exchange is callsign and 6 character grid locator.2. Almost everyone knows their 4 digit grid locator: (In Thousand Oaks, it is DM04). However to determine your 6-character grid locator, look at your callsign listing on qrz.com or possibly your cell phone3. Suggested operating times (on the hour and half hour). Most serious operators will operate for the first 2 or 3 hours of the event4. Calling frequencies): 33cm: 902.1, 903.1, 927.5, 927.6, 927.7, or 927.8 MHz FM SIMPLEX ONLY OR 23cm: 1294.5 MHz FM SIMPLEX or 1296.1 MHz USB/CW 5. Write down (time, call worked and grid locator received). 6. You don’t have to send a log or entry in, but can if you wish to submit a score. Contact Pete, N6ZE (N6ZE at aol.com) or Marty, N6VI (n6vi at socal.rr.com) for details.
B. N6ZE definitely plans to operate, with locations subject to local Corona Virus Closures!
1. I will operate from Topanga Overlook (DM04qd) on Topanga Blvd (CA-27 from 0800 PDT until 0830 PDT.
2. I then plan to drive to the intersection of Stunt Rd & Saddle Peak Rd in the Santa Monica Mts (DM04qb). I hope to arrive there about 0900 and plan to operate until about 1000 PDT. From that point, I will have good views toward Thousand Oaks, Ventura, Santa Monica, and points down the coast from LAX. Views to East typically are not very good.
3. I plan to drive back to Thousand Oaks, (DM04ne) and briefly operate from 1 or more hills in the city until ~~1130 PDT
4. My Equipment: 33cm: FM SIMPLEX with small antenna or yagi23cm: FM SIMPLEX or 1296.1 MHz USB/CW with small yagi
Note: As able, I also plan to monitor 144.2 MHz USB/146.52FM Simplex & 432.1 MHz USB/446.0FM Simplex & the Thousand Oaks Grissom Repeater on 146.85 MHz
Good Luck to ALL!
bt73Pete, N6ZE at aol.com805.796.N6ZE call/txt
More information about the VHFcontesting