[VHFcontesting] K1IIG BEACONS MOVING

STEPHEN TRIPP stephen.tripp at snet.net
Sun Oct 11 08:59:54 EDT 2020

My 222.060 and 432.320 beacons are temp off in FN31NL in Wallingford CT and will be moved to  FN31MS in Burlington CT aprox 20 miles west. If all goes well they should be back on next week, Oct 17th.
Courtesy of K1NFE they will be located on his 140' tower at 700' hmsl which is over 250' higher then my location.
Stats:222.060 20w to a wheel not counting 130' of ldf4 1/2" coax cable loss.432.320 6w to a wheel also not counting 140' of ldf5 7/8" cable loss.
My 2304.320 beacon will remain in FN31TT in Coventry CT.My 10368.340 will remain here at my home in FN31nl until a new location is found.
None of the beacons are freq LOCKED but have proven to be stable staying within 100hz. New location in outside cabinet maybe a bit worse..tbd
I am confident the new location will work out well after which I will re-post when they are fully operational. Thanks to Rick, K1FPJ who has been very helpful with the move and construction work.

73' SteveK1IIG