[VHFcontesting] Mid sized amps

Dan Evans k9zf at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 18 22:35:32 EDT 2020

Hello group,
Has anyone noticed how few "mid sized" vhf amps are available?  Especially for a guy on a tight budget...
I am looking for something in the 300 to 600 watt range, for 6 or 2 meters.  Anything larger would likely be out of my price range.
I picked up a very nice SB200 from the estate of an old friend.  I don't do much HF, so I may be willing to trade this to someone if interested.  I considered mod'ing it for 6m, but hate cut up a nice old amp.
73Dan
-- K9ZF  President, Clark County Amateur Radio Club,Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el The once and future K9ZF /R no budget Rover  ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at:  List Administrator for: InHam+grid-loc+ham-books  Ask me how to join the Indiana Ham Mailing list!