[VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint results

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 22 19:07:06 EDT 2020

144 MHz Fall Sprint - 2020

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V
Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31RH
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total: QSOs = 56 Mults = 21 Total Score = 1,176

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:
Poor conditions at the start, got better later.
I'm plagued by RFI noise here now, tough to pull out
the weak signals. Curiously 2M is the noisiest band.
Big surprise came last hour when out of the blue
WB4OMG EL98 comes back to me on FT8, 1053 mile DX.
At first I thought it's a meteor, won't even complete.
But Buddy stayed in quite some time, peaking -9.
No other Florida detected. Looking forward to the
222 and 432 Sprints, less noise to deal with.
73 Ron WZ1V