[VHFcontesting] 222SprngSprnt W9SZ Single Op QRP

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 10:35:48 EDT 2021

                    222 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: W9SZ
Operator(s): W9SZ
Station: W9SZ

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 2.0

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I operated portable from a nearby hill in EN50ue. I really expected to make
more QSO's than I did. The stations I worked seemed to hear me OK but a lot
of stations couldn't even hear me.

I heard several of the Chicago Rovers and they were all very weak at my
end. None of them ever heard me.

So I ended up with 3 QSO's in 2 hours of operating.

I wonder if I have antenna problems? I expected better than what I heard.
Either conditions were just lousy, or there is something wrong with the
beam. I noticed when rotating it that it didn't seem to act like the beam I
have been using for years. No directivity. But it's the same antenna. I'm
going to do some tests with it later.

73, Zack W9SZ