[VHFcontesting] WZ1V 222 Sprint results

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 14 15:00:12 EDT 2021

222 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V
Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31RH
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total: QSOs = 50 Mults = 21 Total Score = 1,050

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:
222 conditions were up and down, lots of slow QSB on the band.
Operated mostly SSB and CW, saved the FT8 digi for later.
Some highlights included working N1BUG in FN55 early on,
then later VA3ELE FN03 and K1DY FN54 on CW.
Also nice to work KA2LIM, W9KXI, and N2JMH all in FN12.
I think I worked the 3 of them plus N2SLN FN22 all within
a few minutes of each other while the band was up.
Was also surprised how strong KO4YC FM17 was on SSB.
Some FT8 highlights included picking up KD2LGX FN13,
VE3DS FN03, W8ZN FM09, and W4NF/R FM18. Fun stuff.
Thanks to the contest sponsors and all who participated.
73 Ron WZ1V