[VHFcontesting] [222Activity] 222 MHz Tuesday Night Activity period

Dave Miller ve7hr at ve7hr.ca
Tue Apr 27 19:29:06 EDT 2021

After a lot of procrastination and inefficiency I am finally QRV on 222 and
looking for Q's CN89ne.
Not a big gun but 50W from Q5 transverter, 11 Element LFA at 12M no preamp
right now.
IC7300 with Kuhne transverter interface.
I would love to set up a Sked. It's a 222 wasteland up here in BC
73
Dave
VE7HR

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 4:10 PM David Olean <k1whs at metrocast.net> wrote:

> Hi VHFers,
>
> leave some time for Tuesday evening for the 222 MHz activity period. The
> first one last week was rather nice in that there was activity all over
> the place. One nice feature of the activity night in2021 is that we have
> internet chat pages available to set up almost impossible contacts. If
> you do not have much of any local activity, you can probably scare up a
> sked on a chat page and try something a bit out of your comfort zone.
> Meteors are not that great yet, but the moonbounce path is always open
> when the moon is visible. Lats week a few of us tried some meteor
> scatter and a few pings were heard. The meteors start to build up as
> summer approaches. I would love to try something on Tuesday. As I always
> like to say, "What is the worst that can happen?"
>
> I will be QRV starting at about 23:30UT on Tuesday and plan to make
> noise up until after 10 PM.  I do not forsee any great conditions in the
> northeast, but having a number of signals on the band is great for
> evaluating antennas or new preamps etc. It is also a way to see just how
> well your system is working.  Pick a station just beyond your normal DX
> range and see what happens.
>
> The other big plus is that you can talk to many old time friends and
> have plenty of fun in the process.
>
> CU on 222 MHz.
>
> Dave K1WHS
>
> Lebanon, ME. FN43mj
> 222 MHz 1500 watts 4 X 22 El yagi array, 8 X 5 EL LVA aimed SW.  2 X 8
> EL partially rotatable from nw thru north and northeast.
> Shack cell # 207 608 5317
>
> Chat pages:  ON4KST, HB9QQ,  W4DEX, N0UK Ping Jockey Central

72 de Dave
VE7HR