[VHFcontesting] On Saturday Morning, N6ZE To Operate 33 & 23 cm Bands From Various Locations In Grid DM04: Schedules & Liaison Wanted

peter h n6ze at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 14:41:21 EDT 2021

Sent: Fri, Apr 30, 2021 7:40 am
Subject: On Saturday Morning, N6ZE To Operate 33 & 23 cm Bands From Various Locations In Grid DM04: Schedules & Liaison Wanted

The Central States VHF Society sponsors  the "Microwave, 902 MHz and up SRINT" on Saturday, 5/1/21 from 8 AM - 2 PM PDT, Exchange: 6 character grid: e.g. DM04ne. Scoring is total number of Km worked .

More information and rules are posted at:  https://sites.google.com/site/springvhfupsprints/home    As usual, submit entries on www.3830scores.com

N6ZE plans to do some operating during the Microwave SPRINT on Saturday Morning, May Day, 01 May.
>From 0800 - ~~ 0815 AM PDT, I plan to be on the peak of Tarantula Hill, DM04ne in Thousand Oaks, CA.I will use several FM frequencies in 900 MHz (33cm band) with an ALINCO handheld & small antenna. I will also be using an ALINCO handheld & VJB PC Board antenna for 1294.5 MHz FM (23cm). I also hope to monitor N6JMI (BOZO) 147.885 MHz Repeater at times.
>From ~~0830 - 0845 AM PDT, I plan to be QRV at Peets Coffee on Moorpark Rd in T.O. (Gotta get coffee!)
>From ~~ 0930 - 1030 AM PDT, I plan to operate from the Santa Monica Mts.(DM04qb) with more power and bigger 33 cm antenna as well as on 23 cm with FM/SSB/CW with an FT736 & yagi.
Depending upon activity, I also might go to a location overlooking the San Fernando Valley.
To all locals in this area: please dust off your equipment for the microwave bands, charge handheld batteries, and even surprise yourself by finding a higher frequency band which you have never tried in your radio!!
Good Luck to all.
bt73Pete, N6ZE at aol.comAFTER 0800 ONLY on Saturday: 805.796.N6ZE cell/txt for info/skds