[VHFcontesting] [Moon-Net] Bob Sutherland 3CX1000A7 VHF Amplifier

Ron Rogers ww8rr at charter.net
Mon Feb 8 12:27:55 EST 2021

Not to mention that the 3CX1000a7 tube requires 5 volts at 50 amps just to light the filament…..same as a pair of 3-500Zs.  That's 250 watts consumed by the tube just to get it to "light up".

And Terry, since you mentioned the Eimac triode breach lock socket (SK-860)…….if you can even find one of those they will cost you $300-500.

Ron

WW8RR