[VHFcontesting] Powering Alinco handhelds

Gregory Winters greg_winters at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 18 21:39:12 EST 2021

My DJ-V57 Alinco dual band (2/70) works great on the 6 cell alkaline holder. But the original battery it came with was 600mAH... not 1600 but 600 (!). It wouldn't last 15min on a SOTA activation. Maybe also an Alinco quirk but it didn't give much warning when itbwas gwtting low. Solution: buy the big pack of AA cells from Costco and use the AA alkaline battery pack.

Highly recommend the alkaline ones. I did notice on the G7 and G29 that they only achieve their rated output (or something close to it) on DC power, and less on the alkaline ones vs the lithium ones. YMMV though.

73 de Greg, K3RW CN85ro