[VHFcontesting] Contesting

Herb Krumich wa2fgk at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 10:55:00 EST 2021

Guys I want to summarize the WA2FGK stationWe probably over the years spent 100 grand on our stationI won countless contests, and have great memories.Never did I win a single dollar from ham radio.I did it for the love of the hobby.The downgrade of VHF contesting started when groups complained they could notcompete with the big multi op stations.The ARRL caved and created the limited category.What a great ideaLeave your microwave equipment off the air.Nice jobNow they know they have a problem with FT8 stopping band switching for 4  or 5 years.What have they done about that ? Nothing.To me it almost looks like they want to show less microwave activity, so the bands can besold to the highest bidder.It's your choice gents. Either stop complaining, or bombard them with non stop calls andE mails to your directors.I rest my caseHerb at WA2FGK