[VHFcontesting] FT8?- tarnation!

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:05:28 EST 2021

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 9:53 AM <chetsubaccount at snet.net> wrote:

> sequence. Are 6M E's now strong? Time to switch to SSB or CW? Are you sure
> the other station heard your RR73? If not take back manual control of the TX
> message and send that a few more times. Don't click "log it" yet. Decide
> when to give up, clear the messages, and restart a CQ.  Yell at the screen.

I gather that there is some way to hack WSJT-X to do full-auto so that
US hams can violate Part 97 and something something something.

I am against telling other people what is and isn't fun for them, but
that wouldn't be fun for me.

I do spend a lot of time trying to optimize where my FT8 signal is
going and making sure that the other station actually got my "73" as
you noted ... and yelling at the screen.  "For ****'s sake, you're +5
why are you not printing me?!?!?  DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND HOW I NEED
YOUR COUNTER?!?!?"