[VHFcontesting] Where Have All the Multi's Gone?

Dan Evans k9zf at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 29 21:12:53 EST 2021

Have to agree with the FT8 issues.  I actually love FT8.  It's great to work amazing range with a small station.  But it kills me to work S5 stations on FT8, after calling CQ on SSB with no takers...  I don't have an answer, but if you want to make contacts in this area, you better work FT8...
I hate to see the decline in multi ops as well.  It always seemed to me that the "big guns" with the CQ machines going boosted activity.  I know there seemed to be a big decline in this area when the W9ICE group disbanded.  Of course, I haven't been very active in the last few years either.
I'm hoping to make a comeback this year.  Although I may be doing more portable "grid expeditions" than actual Rover trips.
73Dan K9ZF /R
-- K9ZF  President, Clark County Amateur Radio Club,Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el The once and future K9ZF /R no budget Rover  ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at:  List Administrator for: InHam+grid-loc+ham-books  Ask me how to join the Indiana Ham Mailing list!