[VHFcontesting] JUNE/JULY VHF Contest Proposal and Operating Protoco

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri Jun 4 14:16:54 EDT 2021

No amount of highly complicated or convoluted (new) rules or even great
suggestions will change human nature.

VHF has been (in my own opinion) ruined by the FT modes.  Call me cranky.

I used to be able to get on 6m and work DX into the USA or EU half the
summer on CW and in good openings, SSB.

95% of that has been taken away from me.  "Everyone" is on FT-8 (or
whatever) even though many QSO's are still possible, it's a ghost town out
there.  I have not even turned on anything here above 28MHz since Aug
2020.why bother?

I flatly refuse to have my computer work your computer, below the noise
level in a contest (or even to get a new country-I am THAT stubborn).  The
148 DXCC's I have on 6m and 27 States on 2m I have made all my own,
terrestrially and on legacy modes.

The only solution to make more legacy mode contest QSO's would be to give
all the digi operators their own contest (or us, ours, to the way it used to
be)

That, or a time machine.

Mike VE9AA, once extremely active on VHF.DX, contest, and whatnot.

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB