[VHFcontesting] JUNE/JULY VHF Contest Proposal and Operating Protocol

K7XC Tim Marek k7xcnv1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 20:52:00 EDT 2021

Sprints while fun are poorly planned to be held one weekend before The June
QSO party. No one is going to waste there time when the real thing every
one prepairs months for is a week away!

Leave the June contest alone! Every year someone comes up With a new plan
to give the East Coast an even larger advantage! I am Damn Tired Of It!

Leave the point system ALONE as it is increasingly difficult to make
contacts as you go higher in freq. It has nothing to do with equipment
availability! Has more to do with Time & Money.

FT8 does NOT need to be limited to only 3 KHz of spectrum! 50.303 and every
5 KHz up thru  50.323 should be utilized during huge band openings.
Announce on .313, Slack, KST Chat, Cali VHF Chat, etc, your operating freq
and folks will find & spot you. This is true outside of contests as well!

If Signals are LOUD, being on FT8 makes increasingly less and less sense!
QSY to CW & SSB where stations can be worked at 300+ an hour, not a pewny
60!

Using FT8 to work folks in the same and nearby grids is not only time
consuming, but Stupid as well as you're now blocking folks from hearing
people that are truly far away.

Where Did Everyones Common Sense Go?

Spin those antennas to non typical paths to CQ and LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN!
You cant work new ones if you dont try to!

Before I grew old and poor, each Sumner back in 80s, 90s, and early 2000s
you would find me activating rare grids in NV. Unable to do so now,  I am
very proud of the new breed of ROVERs who are doing so with great gusto!
Good Job Guys! These are the guys to learn from.

This june contest should be on at least 6, 2, & possibly 222 and 432 from
home here in DM09jh. Hope towork you all then!

73s & GL de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk

Adapt, Overcome, Succeed!