[VHFcontesting] ARRL June VHF WZ1V results

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 14 12:06:51 EDT 2021

ARRL June VHF Contest - 2021

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V
Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31RH
Operating Time (hrs): 14

6: 231 119
2: 41 14
222: 20 9
432: 25 9
903:
1.2: 13 7
2.3:
3.4:
5.7:
10G:
24G:
-------------------
Total: 330 158 Total Score = 65,412

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:
Was away Saturday, only got on for an hour late.
Sunday was 90 percent 6M only. Had a good run on SSB a few hours,
even worked an EA8 off the back of the beam, but most of the action was on FT8.
Europe, Azores, Canary were in all day even into the night.
Even got S01WS in the log. Made no effort to maximize score,
mostly just pounced on new grids and DX when it came in.
Pried myself off 6 to spend the last hour and a half on 2M and up.
I'd say biggest highlight on upper bands was working KO4YC through 1296.
Normally I'd say I'm looking forward to September, but unfortunately
a new Solar installation across the street wipes out the 2M band
to the northeast, so unless that can be remedied there won't be much
point to getting on anymore during the day.
73 Ron WZ1V