[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night K1DS

Rick R rick1ds at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 21:21:42 EDT 2021

It was like the good old times for me tonight. I have a rental apartment for the summer in Blue Bell, PA, FN30ie outside of Philly, near where I used to own a home before I moved to Florida. I have my IC735 and a 3 element WA5VJB antenna that I stick out the window here facing north. I popped in on K1WHS just after 7PM and we had a brief SSB chat. I also worked WW2Y on CW, K1PXE on CW, WZ1V on SSB and WA2VNV on FT8. I had a partial with K1WHS on FT8 also, and I copied N1SV on FT8, but I wasn't prepared to send when I copied his sigs. I listened for some of the FN12 stations but nothing heard. Hope I can make it again on other Tues eves. I'll be up in RI this weekend and visiting the W1OP Providence Radio Association gang to operate Field Day. 73, Rick K1DS