[VHFcontesting] VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 219, Issue 9

JamesDuffey jamesduffey at comcast.net
Sat Mar 20 12:22:39 EDT 2021

Keith - I am sorry I didn’t make my point clearer.

Let me clarify and absolve you from ever having made that claim and explain where it came from.

In an earlier post, Marshall had lamented that a good operator could make 4 or 5 SSB/CW QSOs in the time it would take to make a single FT4 QSO. He had mentioned you as a good op in that post, which you are. Now an FT4 QSO takes 30 seconds, so 4 QSOs in that time frame would be 8 a minute, or 480 an hour. Five would be 600 an hour. I know you can do 200 an hour, so I put the two points Marshall made together along with my personal knowledge of your capabilities.

The broader point I was trying to make, which I guess got lost, was that it doesn’t really contribute to the discussion to exaggerate the situation.

Again, sorry I did not make it clear that what I was addressing did not come from you.

James Duffey KK6MC
Cedar Crest NM