[VHFcontesting] It's 222 Activity time.

David Olean k1whs at metrocast.net
Tue May 18 16:19:08 EDT 2021

I will be on 222.100 or so this evening again looking for contacts on
the Tuesday Night 222 Activity Night.

For the occasion, I am running a new HV supply on my amplifier. I did
not gain much over the old one. I have a huge bank of electrolytic caps
for HV ripple reduction, and the high current on charging peaks seems to
make the regulation not so hot. It works tho' so I will be in there
making noise.  The temps are warm and it should be a great night to
spend on the hill. To celebrate, I may even have a few bottles of birch
beer to savor in between contacts.  I hope to see you all there!

73

Dave K1WHS