[VHFcontesting] New 2M SSB/CW Sprint

Us Them dfile13 at hotmail.com
Mon May 24 22:13:52 EDT 2021

Hello all,

My name is Jim, ac9ez, and I am a new subscriber to the VHF Contesting list. I am located in Fort Wayne, Indiana (near the northeast corner of the state) in grid EN71.

Recently, a group of us vhf-interested hams in Fort Wayne created a brand new 2m ssb/cw sprint to try and encourage some 2m ssb/cw activity. There is some 2m weak signal work in my particular gridsquare, but such activity is not nearly as popular as that on 6m.

The sprint is a "series" type event, with points earned for participation and score placement within category. Sprints are set to occur the first Saturday of each month, starting on June 5th.

The rules for the sprint are posted on the Fort Wayne Radio Club website, under the "contest" tab. If it is allowed, I am happy to post a link to the specific web address to this email list.

Any comments/questions are much appreciated.

73,

Jim ac9ez