[VHFcontesting] KG6CIH/R plans

Chris Lumens chris at lumensoutdoors.org
Tue Sep 7 12:53:38 EDT 2021

Hey everyone, the weather's looking good this weekend so I'm planning on
going out roving.  This is the exact same route I did in June, and the
times are closer to what I actually did in that contest.

My schedule is (all times Eastern):

* Sat 2pm - Equinox VT, FN33kd
* Sat 6pm - Hogback VT, FN32ou
* Sun 9am - Mohawk Mountain CT, FN31it
* Sun 2pm - Jerimoth Hill RI, FN41cu
* Sun 4:15pm - Westborough MA water tower, FN42fg
* Sun 7:45pm - Bedford NH Lowes, FN42gw
* Sun 9pm - Near AF1T's house, FN43cd

I have beams on all bands through 3 GHz.  All microwave bands are 2 or 3
W, lower bands are more capable.  I have upgraded my 10 GHz antenna to a
60cm dish and have 2 W on that band.  I am also hoping my 5 GHz gear
works this time.  It will be using the same dish and is 3 W.

I haven't had time to think about digital modes, so I will be doing SSB
and CW only.  I'll be calling sometimes and searching sometimes.  If you
hear me, let's run the bands.  I will not have any chat pages or
anything set up.

If you think you can work me from any of those stops and want to try a
sked, please let me know.  It can be hard to do as a rover but I'm
willing to give it a try.

--
Chris Lumens - KG6CIH
Hike * MTB * XC Ski * Haskell