[VHFcontesting] 222 activity night

David Olean k1whs at metrocast.net
Tue Aug 2 21:50:52 EDT 2022

Hi Ron and all the 222 ops!

Yes there were some minor storms in the area. Just enough to wreck any
tropo that might have formed. When I woke up Tuesday morning, I was
greeted by some significant fog and lots of dew on the grass. It sure
felt like a tropo morning. I was off to do a tower take down , so no
time to check the bands, By Tuesday evening there were plenty of showers
and small T storms in our area and I am sure that did not help
conditions. I worked many of the stations that Ron worked. K2RMX was not
heard, but I did work N3RG in FM29 instead. I listened for W5EME on
meteors (almost impossible distance) with no luck. I ran with K9MRI
unsuccessfully as well. No tropo heard, but Joe copied a smalll burst
from me on CW.  I think Joe is about 730 miles or so.  WA3EOQ was
worked, but signals were very weak. I needed a repeat on one
transmission . Later on while Howard was trying with N1SV, I heard him a
tad better, but things seemed a bit down.  I also saw AA9MY and AJ6T in
there having some fun as well.

One of these days we will get some tropo, but today was not the day.
Thanks to all who got on including K1TEO, N1SFE and W1ZC with his semi
new 222 yagi. It is great to hear Dick back on 222.

73

Dave K1WHS FN43 Mumbo Jumbo