[VHFcontesting] Jimmy Long, W4ZRZ Silent Key

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:36:48 EDT 2022

This is very sad news. I heard Jimmy was in a nursing home a while back.

One of my most memorable sets of QSO's was during the August UHF contest in
2008, when on Sunday morning there was a fantastic opening to the Alabama
area. I worked W4ZRZ and K4XR on every band from 222 MHz through 10 GHz
with signals pinning my s-meter all the way to 5760 and a good S9 on 10368.
That was a path of about 500 miles.

RIP, OM.

73, Zack W9SZ